Michigan Football: Tidbits from MaizeMan — Season is over, its now on to 2014
UM Football Stuff
Season is over, its now on to 2014 and team #135. I have already reported on almost every underclassman, so not much more to report.
Putting myself in David Brandon’s shoes and preparing for upcoming meeting with Hoke, a series of questions I would be asking.
1) How does a team have a whole month to prepare and yet some members of team #134 says there were players who did not want to play?2) How is it that in the past few years we have recruited to rated OL’s and yet we could not establish a running game throughout 2013, even with 2 potential NFL OT’s
3) How is it that we have 2 starting CB’s who for some reason looked like they could not defend against any WR in the bowl game?
7) what do you mean when you say “players need to execute better?” and whose responsibility is it to make sure “players execute”.
10) what do you mean when you say that the SRS have laid a “solid foundation” what is that “solid foundation” and what evidence based on this years performance makes you confident this is the case? How in the world is this “foundation” going to increase our success next year or in the future?
11) Finally what very specific steps are you going to take to make sure we do not have a repeat of watching a poorly coached, poorly motivated UM team in the future? And be very specific.Knowing David Brandon, I am pretty confident that he was not overly happy with the results with team #133, but there were some built in excuses, the youth and lack of depth. Denard getting injured going with a new QB, etc. but when team #134 showed no progress the hope and coaches thinking or communicating that “if we just execute better next year” things will change is probably not going to wash. The bowl game changed all that.
Now, there is going to have to be very specific steps taken, the whole program may need to change. Hoke has the correct approach in terms of understanding the “special situation” at UM, but that does not directly mean victories on the football field.
I own (personal opinion) is that Hoke honeymoon era was based on his understanding of the past, the tradition, his relationships with “UM people”, but all that is fine, but you still have to win and 7,8,9 win seasons is just not going to be good enough. Not in the fans eyes and particularly not in Brandon’s eyes.
Hoke is now going to be in emergency mode, starting NOW.
To read the entire post on the message board, please visit the message board!
Come to the message board and give us your thoughts, agree or disagree.
Just a reminder you must be a member to participate on the Message Board. Here is the link for the registration page for those people interested in becoming a GBMWolverine member of our message board. GBMWolverine Register.
Please comment on our GBMWolverine Message Board about this article and read what others comment. Make note that our message board has changed so make sure you change your favorite/bookmark as well for the direct link.
You can contact us at our e-mail address: GBMWolverine
Written by GBMWolverine Staff — MaizeMan
Go Blue — Wear Maize!