Michigan football survived against Maryland and here are the gut reactions.
Things got off to a great start for Michigan football, but the Wolverines needed some key plays in the fourth quarter to survive 31-24.
This win reminded me of the Illinois game last season except the Wolverines didn’t trail. They only scored six second half points though and left Maryland with a hard-fought win.
It was sweet to see Michigan football get win No. 1,000. It was also fun to see the haters be disappointed again.
That being said, Michigan football has work to do. Blake Corum scored two touchdowns and got within one of Hassan Haskins.
J.J. McCarthy wasn’t great. He was 12-of-23 for 134 yards. He also had a critical interception at the end of the first half.
Semaj Morgan had another touchdown and that helped wrap up the win. That and the two safeties by the defense. Tommy Doman was elite too.
Here are the gut reactions.
Gut reactions from Michigan football win over Maryland
- It was sloppy but it usually is the week before the Ohio State game.
- Michigan football has had a couple of close games now which isn’t a bad thing going into next week.
- J.J. McCarthy didn’t seem like himself.
- Blake is still great. Michigan doesn’t win without him.
- Maryland is a better team than people realize. They gave Ohio State a battle and this was their Super Bowl. Not surprisingly, Michigan got the Terps best shot.
- Every goal is still on the table. Great job ignoring the noise and winning on the road.
- Just. Beat. Ohio. State.