Michigan Wolverine Football: My Thoughts On Team
1) I think this is going to be a good football team. The changes made in the off-season (position coaching changes, the pace of practices, the physical nature of practice, the lack of emphasis on leadership programs etc. and the renewed emphasis on competition and winning) all of these changes to me have been positive.
2) I think we will see less teams be able to drive the field against our defense. I still think there will be times where we may give up a big play (because of the aggressive nature of this years defense), but it will be tough to consistently drive against this defense.
3) I am anxious to see how this team progresses from week to week. For the past 2 years I thought one of the biggest concerns was any concrete evidence of improvement from any part of the football team from Sept to Nov. In addition, the lack of consistent effort on a weekly basis was troublesome. However, I am hoping with the depth we now have that competition within the program will enhance our ability to not only improve weekly, but play with much more effort and passion.
4) I think this has to be the year we beat someone who we are not favored against. We have to establish our ability to beat any team and any time. For almost 5 years, Michigan football has been disappointing in that we play down to our competition (even getting beat by inferior talent) but never winning against a team who is suppose to be better than Michigan. We need to beat teams we are suppose to beat convincingly and get an upset along the way.
5) Finally, I think we finally see the Michigan football program heading in the right direction. So far under Coach Hoke he has tried to adapt to the talent he has available, but with decent recruiting Hoke can now start playing what he considers “UM football”.
To me, this will be a very disappointing season and I will start to lose confidence in Hoke’s ability if we do not see all the above happen.
Please comment on our GBMWolverine Message Board about this article and read what others comment and give us your thoughts, agree or disagree.
Just a reminder you must be a member to participate on the Message Board. Here is the link GBMWolverine Register for those people interested in becoming a member.
You can contact us at our e-mail address: GBMWolverine
Written by GBMWolverine Staff — MaizeMan
Go Blue — Wear Maize!