Michigan Football: Tidbits from MaizeMan — Postgame Thoughts
Ugly loss, but when times are tough this is when great coaches stop and get back to basics. Hoke has paid the price for running a hybrid offense to adjust once to Denard and now Gardner. It has caught up with him.
There is simply no reason or explanation why after week after week of opponents defending UM the exact same way that this team has not learned how to attack.Some other thoughts:
1) Look for Taco to become a regular. Simply has too much potential and he creates some issues for offensive line when he is in the game. If he improves on is run defense, he becomes a force at Michigan.
2) Bolden is becoming our best linebacker.
3) Ross had a good game, but took a very bad angle on touchdown.
4) The play of the game to me was the 4th down and 2 and Taylor plays off the wide receiver.
5) Play Green and Smith the rest of the year. Put Hayes in the game, don’t worry about blocking blitz, if the blitz, just automatically check down to Hayes. There I solved most of our problems.6) We ran 3 screens, all gained more than 15 yards.
7) We have to throw at least once a game long to Chesson.
8) I would put Kalis back in the line-up at right guard and use Mags as our first sub.
To read the entire post on the message board, please visit the message board!
Come to the message board and give us your thoughts, agree or disagree.
Just a reminder you must be a member to participate on the Message Board. Here is the link for the registration page for those people interested in becoming a GBMWolverine member of our message board. GBMWolverine Register.
Please comment on our GBMWolverine Message Board about this article and read what others comment. Make note that our message board has changed so make sure you change your favorite/bookmark as well for the direct link.
You can contact us at our e-mail address: GBMWolverine
Written by GBMWolverine Staff — MaizeMan
Go Blue — Wear Maize!